Thursday, October 10, 2013

White-work


" IF" you work hand embroidery, and "if" you belong to a needle work guild, and "if" you are a traditionalist read no further!

When a white work postcard swap was first mooted, I immediately though of "white on white":
Montmellick; Hardanger; the lacy effect of broderie anglaise and even pulled and drawn threadwork.

And, I ended up doing none of these, but dowloading a digitised pattern from a site, letting EMBIRD (r) convert it; and loading  it to a USB memory stick for use in my Janome 350E machine.

To compound my " sin", because I am positive that my embroidery mentors of years gone by would view it that way, I chose to use a bright red fabric for my background.

Cards One and three have their edges completed with Ric-rac braid in two different sizes, and card Two has a binding type hem(that I most often use around quilts) around it

Posted by Picasa

No comments: